Simple Polarizing Gout Kit
The Gout Kit for the i4 Microscope includes the Simple Polarizing Kit plus the First Order Red Compensating Lens (whole wave plate), which allows easy identification of the specific crystals which cause arthritis.
- Gout is a type of arthritis that can occur when uric acid builds up in blood and causes joint inflammation. Gout is caused by Sodium Urate Crystals, which are needle-like with sharp edges with strong birefringence.
- Pseudo-gout (rheumatoid) is caused by Calcium Pyrophosphate Dehydrate Crystals (CPPD), which are small rods, squares, or rhomboids with weak birefringence.
Utilizing a Uric Acid control slide for reference, the user can easily determine which crystals are present in the synovial fluid by observing the color shift as the First Order Red Compensating Lens is rotated.
The Gout Kit is an economical and simple alternative to a fully polarizing microscope. When used with the i4 Infinity microscope the Gout Kit is a valuable tool for identifying crystals in synovial fluid.
- Simple to use
- Works with the I4 microscope
- Fraction of the cost of a fully polarizing Rheumatology microscope
- Includes Uric Acid control slide